Network services accommodate an every-increasing amount of data, voice, video, and multimedia traffic over a statewide backbone to support the missions of government and education. NDIT provides consulting services to assist customers in acquiring network solutions that best fit their business needs.
Major categories of service include:
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Ethernet Local Area Network (LAN)
- Wireless Network
NDIT's Enterprise Service Level Agreement includes Service Level Objectives and Standard Intervals for Request Fulfillment.
- Facilitates open communication with citizens of the state
- Ensures that a single entity does not adversely affect the functionality of the whole network
- Minimizes the state's investment in human resources
- Supports rapid detection and resolution of problems
- Protects the network infrastructure from damage and security breaches
NDIT’s Self Service Portal may be used to submit an “Network Connectivity” service request.
For billing information, please visit the NDIT Billing Page.
This standard defines a telecommunications wiring system for North Dakota State Agencies, offices or buildings that will support a multi-product environment. The purpose of this standard is to enable planning and installation of building wiring, regardless of the telecommunications products, be it voice and/or data, which subsequently will be installed. This document addresses "telecommunications infrastructure cabling."
The user must be a local administrator on the system to install the components for the first time. (Users that are not local administrators should contact their IT staff for assistance on the initial installation of the GlobalProtect client. NDIT Desktop supported entities will want to contact the Service Desk for assistance.)
Supported Operating Systems and Service Packs
Supported Mobile Devices
Current version of IOS and Android OS.
Approved Anti-Virus Vendors
The statewide network, known as the North Dakota Statewide Technology Access for Government and Education network (STAGEnet), was created by the 1999 legislative session. The STAGEnet Strategic Goals and Objectives focus on providing broadband connectivity, Internet access, and other networking services.
All state agencies, colleges and universities, local government, and K-12 are required to participate in STAGEnet.
The State of North Dakota’s Information Technology Department along with STAGEnet partners will develop and enhance a statewide network to service its primary consumers. STAGEnet will exist to provide a secure, reliable, and cost-effective network that has the scale and flexibility to support the convergence of data, voice, and video to meet and surpass the business objectives of government and education.
STAGEnet strives as a collaborative spirit to architect an enterprise infrastructure through partnerships with all levels of government and education. In addition, the committee will seek out partnerships with the service provider community in an effort to help deliver equal access throughout North Dakota. Past and future collaborative efforts will continue to provide great opportunities for STAGEnet. Partnering together on strategic data, video, and voice projects will continue to reshape STAGEnet for the future and provide its users an innovative communications infrastructure.
Value of a Statewide Network
- Network reliability and security is universally achieved and provided through many diverse customer requirements.
- Access continues to expand to all borders of North Dakota through new strategic opportunities provided by existing and new providers.
- Cost effective access is provided to the network’s customers through the use of cooperative architecture and volume purchasing.
- Designed to provide a wide range of services and connectivity to government and education, the network inherently provides a high degree of flexibility in addressing unique needs and new services.
- Architecture is designed to meet the needs of many customers resulting in an enterprise infrastructure where innovation can thrive and stimulate new opportunities.