Statewide IT Planning (SWITP) is a legislatively mandated process managed by NDIT through which state agencies establish objectives for technology activities that are in line with their strategic goals. The Publications page contains links to past technology plans. This dashboard contains data about goals, objective, and accomplishments related to the current Statewide IT Plan. The 2023-2025 Statewide IT Plan will utilize a new Microsoft Teams-based toolset and a revised dashboard to collect and present information. Details of how the process works, including instructions for using the new toolset, are available on this teams space, -Tm-IT-Statewide-IT-Planning.
Overview of the 2023-2025 Statewide IT Planning Process
- The plan will still be published via a web site, which will include data presented in a dashboard format
- NDIT will notify agencies of the details of how the IT planning process works for the 2023-2025 biennium beginning in late March/April 2022
- IT Planning Consultants from NDIT will schedule meetings with Agency Staff beginning in April/May 2022
- Participants have until August 15, 2022, to enter new data, and to update existing data, into the data gathering tool
- Major IT projects go through the SITAC ranking/prioritization process in September/October 2022
- The Statewide IT Plan is published online prior to the beginning of the legislative session
When you are ready to plan, a detailed description of the planning process and requirements is available within -Tm-IT-Statewide-IT-Planning.
IT Plan Exemption Requests
Although it is required by North Dakota Century Code to participate in the statewide IT planning process, an agency may request an exemption from the process. Additionally, if agency staff cannot submit their planning documentation by August 15, 2022, then they may request a planning due-date extension. The following form may be used for either of these requests:
The form may be submitted to your assigned planning consultant, who will route through the appropriate review process. Please note that requesting an exemption or extension is not guaranteed to be granted. Please plan appropriately.
Links to Related Processes