IT Security ensures that an organization's material and software resources are used only for their intended purposes. At NDIT, security is a part of everything we do.
- Integrity: Guaranteeing that data is what it is believed to be
- Confidentiality: Ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the resources being exchanged
- Availability: Guaranteeing the proper operation of information systems
- Non-repudiation: Guaranteeing that an operation cannot be denied
- Authentication: Ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the resources
Security Best Practices
- Compromised Computer Symptoms
- Home Computer Protection
- Malicious Code Protection
- Mobile Computing Security
- Multi-Function Print Devices
- Protecting Your Information
- Remote Access
- Security Breaches
- Social Engineering
- Unauthorized Data Disclosure
- User IDs and Passwords
- Security Awareness Tutorial
- Cyber Threat Level Indicator
- Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT)
- National Cyber Security Alliance
- Microsoft Safety and Security Center
Securing IT resources within ND state government requires collaboration among stakeholders. In accordance with the Incident Prevention/Response/Notification Standard, each customer of NDIT shall designate an agency contact. That person, known as the agency's Security Officer, becomes part of a proactive group that communicates and corrects security incidents and vulnerabilities.
The primary communication channels used is the Security Officer's ListServ. For confidentiality reasons, membership to the list is managed by NDIT. Customers may join the Security Officer's Listserv by sending an enrollment request along with their name, agency name, phone number, and email address to email@example.com.
NDIT uses a challenge-question process to verify the identity of anyone requesting a password change. Individuals are required to complete an Online Password Information Form or provide the Service Desk with a Password Change Information Form (SFN52378) before NDIT can reset their password.