To share knowledge and data, coordinate training, promote user groups and reduce cost of training and purchase of tools.
- All new Enterprise Image Capture Systems shall use the tools as identified in Appendix A.
- If a record has a permanent retention, then the minimum dpi shall be 300 dpi, else 200 dpi shall be the minimum.
- Standard Image Formats include:
- .tiff (G3 & G4) - Tagged Image File Format, Tag Image File Format
- multi-page .tiff - Tagged Image File Format, Tag Image File Format
- .xml - Extensible Markup Language
- .pdf - Portable Document Format
- .pdf/a - Portable Document Format Archive
- .jpg, .jpeg - Joint Photographic Experts Group
- .png - Portable Network Graphics
- .bmp - Bitmap Image File
- .gif - Graphics Interchange File
- Documented procedures shall be in place for imaging documents to prove document trustworthiness per Federal and State Rules of Evidence and other applicable regulations.
Capture System - A system for automated scanning or processing of documents. Includes scanning, indexing, quality assurance, and storage.
Imaging - Process of creating an electronic picture of a document using a scanner or electronic process.
Enterprise Image Capture System - A Capture System used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users.
Tools will be consistent throughout the enterprise.
All documents defined as a record per N.D.C.C. 54-46-02.
This standard applies to all executive branch state agencies including the University Systems Office but excluding other higher education institutions, i.e. campuses and agricultural and research centers.
Statement of Commitment
North Dakota's CIO/CTO directs that IT Policy be created to establish statewide information technology policies and standards as defined within ND Century Code (Chapter 54-59-09).
Non-compliance with this standard shall be reported to the Office of the State Auditor.
- Ilinx Email Import
- HP Teleform Mediclaim
- Open Scan - Mail Scan